The Bottom Line
- Water based lubricant that is easy to use and cleans up easily.
- 12% silicone means it lasts longer than most water based formulations.
- Contains some (not all) certified organic ingredients.
- Relatively good price for an organic lubricant.
- Cannot be used with silicone toys.
- Available in sample pillow packs, 4.2 oz, and 8.5 oz bottles.
- Packaging is recyclable.
- Flip top and squeeze to dispense.
- Consistency is similar to a moisturizer, stays put, yet silky when used.
- Ingredients are gluten-free, vegan, glycerin-free, and paraben-free.
Guide Review - Sliquid Organics Silk Lubricant
Sliquid was one of the first companies to introduce a hybrid lubricant that had a water base, but added silicone to make the lubricant last longer. Catching on early to consumers’ interest in lubricants that are designed with sensitive skin and the environment in mind, Sliquid created a hybrid organic formulation, which is Sliquid Organics Silk.
The consistency is also ideal for use as it isn’t as thin and runny as many silicone lubricants, so it stays on hands and other body parts, as well as sex toys. The main drawback is that because it contains silicone it cannot be used with silicone toys (it will destroy them).
I would also caution against getting it on your favorite sheets as full silicone lubricants are known to stain sheets and even though Silk only has 12% silicone, it could still happen.
Sliquid Organics Silk is also nice because it can be used as a cream for full body massage, yet it’s safe for use with condoms and other latex barriers.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Plant Cellulose (from Cotton), Aloe Barbadensis*, Natural Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Extracts of Hibiscus*, Flax*, Green Tea* & Sunflower Seed*, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone, Emollient Ester, Phenoxyethanol (Rose Ether) *Organic botanical extracts are independently certified by Quality Certification Services in compliance with the USDA National Organic Program.