The Bottom Line
- Paraben and petro-chemical free ingredients.
- 95% organic ingredients and 99.99% Vegan (no animal testing or by-products).
- Made by a small manufacturer who is an approved Coop America Green company.
- Almost naked formula is odorless and has a very faint sweet taste.
- Dries without a lot of stickiness.
- Like all water based lubricants, Good Clean Love dries up during use.
- Contains glycerin, may not be recommended for those prone to yeast infections.
- Available in pillow packs, 2 oz and 4 oz bottles.
- Squeeze bottle with flip top cap.
- Available in regular (Almost Naked), as well as flavored (Cinnamon Vanilla, Lavender Rose, and Peppermint).
Guide Review - Good Clean Love
Good Clean Love began from a personal need. The founder was looking for a lubricant that met both her health needs but also her philosophical and environmental values. She couldn't find one, so she created Good Clean Love.
The company now makes several products, but the focus of their business remains the Good Clean Love brand of water based lubricants. In consistency, Good Clean Love is right in the middle of lubricant options. It's thicker than some and thinner than others, making it good for people who are trying lubricant for the first time, and also anyone who wants to use lubricant with sex toys or any body parts.
Like all water based lubricants, Good Clean Love begins to evaporate during use, but you can either reapply a bit of water, or add more lubricant, to get things slippery again. The benefits of Good Clean Love over silicone lubricants are that it doesn't require soap and water to remove, it is safe for use with any sex toys, and it is free of petro-chemicals.
What makes Good Clean Love stand out from other lubricants is as much the philosophy and business practices of the company as the ingredient list (since there are now several organic lubricants on the market). Good Clean Love provides extensive explanations both of their product lines but also their business philosophy and practice, and backs that up by being a member of Green America and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics.
Over the past fifteen years the lubricant industry has grown exponentially, and as it does, consumers will have so many choices that the decision won't just be about what you want in your lubricant, but who you want to buy it from.
Ingredients: de-ionized water, agar, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, xanthan gum, vegetable glycerin, glucose, lactoperoxidase, glucose oxidase, benzoic acid, citrus medica limonum, vanilla planifola fruit