The Bottom Line
- Made from high quality silicone, softer and smoother feel than less expensive brands.
- Silicone lubricant doesn't dry up and can be used in the bath or shower.
- Aloe and Vitamin E offers a moisturizing effect on the skin.
- Attractive and convenient packaging options available.
- Silicone lubricants can not be used with silicone sex toys.
- Requires soap and water to wash off completely.
- To be cost effective, you need to pay closer attention when applying.
- Available in pillow packs, 1.7 oz, 3.3 oz, and 4 oz bottles.
- All sizes have a pump dispenser, smaller bottle come with a protective cap for easy travel.
- 4 oz. size comes in a glass perfume style bottle.
Guide Review - Pink Lubricant
Empowered products, the makers of Pink were the first silicone lubricant manufacturer to target consumers by gender. The Pink product is marketed to women, and they have another product, Gun Oil (buy direct), which is the exact same product, only packaged and marketed to men.
The lubricant itself was apparently inspired by the CEOs experience with gun lubrication while deployed as a Marine in Kuwait. The formulation is hypoallergenic and makes use of the highest quality silicone, making it smooth and silky. The addition of Aloe and Vitamin E gives Pink a moisturizing feel.
Like other smaller manufacturers, what makes Pink stand out is the attention to detail and responsiveness to customer feedback. The packaging is designed both for travelers (small bottles can be carried on, and all come with a protective cap to keep the open lubricant from spilling) and those looking for packaging that doesn't stand out. The largest size Pink comes in a solid, hand-blown, Italian glass bottle which looks like so many other beauty products.
Pink is also well priced for a higher quality silicone lubricant. The only drawbacks to Pink are the same drawbacks with all silicone lubricants. They can't be used with silicone sex toys (they destroy them by essentially "de-curing" the silicone toy) and they require soap and water to completely remove. Also, silicone lubricants are more expensive than water based lubricants. This balances out because you don't need to use as much. But it means when using silicone lubricants like Pink, one needs to pay more attention to how much one is using.
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Extract