The Bottom Line
- Uniquely combined scents are not overpowering, would be enjoyable for many.
- Wax burns at a low temperature and can be used 30 second after blowing out the candle.
- Lid keeps the candle clean and free of dust or dirt.
- Pretty jar and unique lid can be reused after the candle is gone.
- Perfume-based scent may not be suitable for people with sensitive skin, environmental allergies.
- Each candle burns for 36 hours and, depending on how much oil is used per use, would be enough for more than half a dozen massages.
- Candles are available in three scent combinations: vanilla and creme de cacao, snow pear and cedarwood, black pepper and pomegranate.
- Ingredients include: glycine soma (soy), butyrospermum parkii (sheer butter), prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, perfume (differs for each scent).
Guide Review - LELO Flickering Touch Massage Candle
Massage candles offer a fun way of setting the mood and giving or receiving a warm oil massage all at once. LELO's flicker touch massage candles are made of a low temperature melting soy base. Light the candle and let it burn a while. Enjoy the candle light and the mild scent of vanilla, cedarwood, or pomegranate. When enough oil has melted, you can blow out the candle, wait a little less than a minute, and pour the oil directly into your hands or on your partners body. The soy wax is infused with Vitamin E and leaves the skin feeling moisturized.
Massage candles may not be the best choice for the impatient masseuse (or massues-ee) as you do have to wait for the candle to burn before the oil appears. But it can be a great way of slowing things down, and helping both of you focus on the pleasure that comes from giving and receiving touch.
The oil is not recommended for internal use, use as a lubricant, and it is not condom compatible. If you have sensitive skin, environmental allergies, or multiple chemical sensitivities this product is not recommended, despite it's relatively mild scent.