The Bottom Line
- Long lasting lubricant with a thin slippery consistency.
- Distinctly sweet taste.
- Less is needed per application.
- Now available in glycerin and paraben-free formula.
- Thin consistency may not work for some uses.
- Sweet taste is pleasant for some, but may bother others.
- If you use too much it can get sticky during use, so care is needed in applying.
- Original formula contains glycerin and parabens which may be a problem for some.
- Astroglide is water based, condom and toy compatible.
- Available in two sizes (2.5oz and 5oz).
- Available in flavored, unflavored, and warming formulas.
- Flip top cap for dispensing.
- Astroglide does not contain spermicide.
Guide Review - Astroglide Water Based Lubricant
Astroglide is one of the best selling water based lubricants on the market. It was one of the earliest water based lubricants formulated specifically for sex play and as a result it’s slick and long lasting, and sex toy and condom compatible.
Astroglide also has a distinctly sweet taste, something people tend to really like or dislike. The original Astroglide, which is still available contains both glycerin and parabens, making it something that people prone to yeast infections and chemical sensitivities may want to avoid. The good news is that they have finally made a new formulation (buy direct) which is glyercin-free and paraben-free.
Ingredient List Original Formula: Purified Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 15, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Ingredient List New Paraben and Glycerin-Free Formula: Water, Butylene Glycol, Xylitol, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 15