The Bottom Line
- Durable material and construction, long-lasting toy.
- Material is highly malleable and transmits touch well.
- Unbelievably soft and lush feel, retains temperature and can be warmed and cooled.
- Different sleeves offer a nice variety of sensations (from tight to loose and enveloping).
- Simple and smart design is easy to use and keep clean.
- More expensive than other sleeve-style men’s sex toys.
- The Fleshlight is large and some may prefer a smaller more discreet toy.
- If you don’t get the “tight” models, some may find it doesn’t offer enough stimulation.
- Soft innersleeve available with different internal textures.
- Several styles of opening and colors.
- Available with and without the plastic case.
- Manufacturer: Interactive Life Forms, made in the U.S.
- Cost: $60 to $80 (depending on where you purchase)
Guide Review - The Fleshlight
The Fleshlight was conceived, designed, and is still made, by a family-owned business. What they set out to do was come up with the design to offer men a discreet sex toy but one that actually delivered on its promise, and was built to last. They have succeeded on all counts and have been rewarded by having the best-selling male sex toy on the market.
The true innovation of the Fleshlight is the material. It’s difficult to describe in words but it is both soft and substantial, and has a rich enveloping feeling when it surrounds any part of your body.
Most male sex toys (variously called male masturbators or penis sleeves) rely on intense friction by making the toy much smaller than the penis that goes in it. The Fleshlight offers friction, but the sensation is much more as the material is pliable and accommodating. Because the material is durable and malleable, it allows for one to create a lot of sensation by touching the outside of the Fleshlight while using it.
The different openings or orifices (mouth, vulva, anus, bum, nondescript) don’t differ in feel, only in look. But there is a significant difference in the feeling of the models with dots, ribs, and the narrower models that create more friction.
A few notes on usage: Because the manufacturer did not want to use a toxic finish, the material gets sticky when you wash it. You can dust it with cornstarch after washing (never use talc) but this isn’t necessary. Always use a personal lubricant with the Fleshlight and stick with water based lubricants only.