The Bottom Line
- Excellent quality motor, comes with a warrantee and will last for years.
- Strong consistent vibration.
- Soft head massager makes it comfortable for individual and partner use.
- Good for full body massage, not just for sexual use.
- Plug-in electric vibrator means no running out of batteries.
- May be too strong for some people, only two speed settings.
- More expensive than battery vibrators, may not be good for first time purchasers.
- Plug-in means you need to be near an electrical outlet.
- Some may find it too loud.
- Two speed, wand style electric massager.
- The body is made of hard plastic with a soft vinyl head.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Several attachments are available to allow for penetration.
Guide Review - Hitachi Magic Wand
The Hitachi Magic Wand is a classic vibrator that is usually listed as one of the top selling vibrators by higher end sex toy stores. It is designed as a full body massager, but it has a soft head about the size of a tennis ball, and is great for sexual stimulation.
Out of the box, the Hitachi Magic Wand is made for external stimulation only, but several companies have designed attachments that fit over the head of the toy and can be used for penetration (they are all safe for vaginal or anal penetration).
While some people are intimidated by the size and power of the Hitachi Magic Wand, as you begin to use it, it feels neither unwieldy nor too strong. Even the sound, which at first seems loud, melts into the background as you begin to use it. For people who need to build up to the power, you can put a towel between yourself and the head of the massager. It’s also recommended to start using it all over your body, and slowly bring it to your more sensitive parts.