The Bottom Line
- Thick consistency is good for use with sex toys and for anal play.
- Relatively long lasting for a water based lubricant, and slippery in use.
- Maximus is glycerin-free.
- Many find that Maximus has a bitter taste.
- Thicker consistency may not be for everyone.
- Contains “parabens” which some people may react to.
- If you’re purchasing in North America it can be slightly more expensive as it’s imported from the UK
- Maximus is water based, condom and toy compatible.
- Available in two sizes (50ml and 250ml).
- Large bottle comes with a pump top for dispensing.
- Maximus does not contain spermicide.
Guide Review - Maximus Water Based Lubricant
Maximus is from the makers of Liquid Silk and is a great long lasting water based lubricant that’s thicker in consistency making it ideal for using with sex toys and for anal sex. The manufacturer claims that Maximus’ high glycol content results in a longer lasting lubricant, and many users agree that this is one of the longer lasting water based lubes.
The only real drawbacks to Maximus are that some find the taste distinctly bitter and some don’t like the thicker consistency. It’s glyercin-free, so a good choice if you’re prone to yeast infections. But it does contain parabens, which have been identified as a potential concern for reaction.
Ingredients: Highly Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Cellulose Polymer, Di Sodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben