The Bottom Line
- One of the higher end silicone lubes, feels very silky and smooth.
- Can be used in water and won’t break down.
- Wet Platinum is long lasting and requires much less per application than water-based lubricants.
- Glycerin-free and paraben-free, safer for people prone to yeast infections and skin sensitivities.
- It has other uses (see below).
- Distinctly bad “chemically” taste.
- Wet Platinum doesn’t come off the skin with water, requires soap to remove completely.
- Very thin consistency may be trickier for sex toys and anal play.
- Most silicone lubricants stain sheets.
- Cannot be used with silicone sex toys.
- Wet Platinum is silicone based, condom compatible, but incompatible with silicone sex toys.
- Available in several sizes (from 1.5oz to 1 gallon).
- Flip top cap and squeeze bottle for dispensing.
- Wet Platinum does not contain spermicide and is glyercin-free and paraben-free.
Guide Review - Wet Platinum Silicone Based Lubricant
Wet Platinum is a good premium silicone based lubricant. It has a very “lush” feeling to it. While the consistency is very thin it feels smooth and slick, not watery at all. When it is applied it almost feels like it is coating the skin, and it makes everything glide. This feeling may not be for everyone, and if you are used to a water based lubricant you might not like it at first (or you might not like it at all).
Never use Wet Platinum or any silicone based lubricant with silicone sex toys as they will destroy them. Some people who prefer the feel of water based lubricant but like the long lasting quality of silicone lubricants mix a little Wet Platinum in with their water based lube. This works well, but it means you can’t use that mixture with your silicone sex toys.
Wet Platinum is good for a variety of other uses:
- Great for an oil free body massage
- It can be used to shine latex and rubber clothing
- It can be used as a skin moisturizer
Ingredient List: Dimethicone, Hexamethyl Disiloxane, Docosamethyl decasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)