What are silicone mixed sex toys made of?:
- Several manufacturers are putting small amounts of silicone in their toys to make them more durable and elastic and to cash in on the increased interest in better quality silicone sex toys.
- These products do not have the same properties as 100% silicone toys, and have an unknown composition.
- These products may contain phthalates and should be treated as if they do.
Taking care of silicone and rubber mixed sex toys :
Safer sex with silicone and rubber mixed sex toys:
- It is possible to transmit infections on sex toys that have not been sterilized even if they have been washed.
- Because silicone and rubber mixed sex toys cannot be boiled (like 100% silicone sex toys ) use a condom to keep them clean and free of bacteria.
- If you are going to share a sex toy with a partner use a condom on the toy to prevent transmission of bodily fluids.
- While it is not recommended, if you are going to use a toy both vaginally and anally use a condom to prevent transmission of bacteria.
Published February 26, 2006.