What are hard plastic sex toys made of?:
- There are a variety of hard plastics used to make sex toys. They are non-porous materials.
- This means they are easier to keep clean, and people are less likely to react to them.
- These materials do not contain phthalates.
- These toys are usually suitable for people concerned with allergic reactions or chemical sensitivities.
Taking care of hard plastic sex toys:
- To clean hard plastic sex toys you can use soap, rubbing alcohol, or bleach (if you are using alcohol or bleach, be careful to rinse thoroughly).
- Care should be taken to avoid dropping hard plastic sex toys , as they may crack. Even if the motor is still functioning, a cracked vibrator should not be used as the edges could be sharp.
- You can use any water based or silicone based personal lubricants with hard plastic toys.
Safer sex and hard plastic sex toys:
- It is possible to transmit infections on sex toys that have not been sterilized even if they have been washed.
- Because most hard plastic sex toys cannot be boiled (like silicone sex toys ) use a condom to keep them clean and free of bacteria.
- If you are going to share a sex toy with a partner use a condom on the toy to prevent transmission of bodily fluids.
- While it is not recommended, if you are going to use a toy both vaginally and anally use a condom to prevent transmission of bacteria.