The leapfrog sex position doesn't involve any actual leaping, but it's a fun variation on doggy style sex position, and is sometimes recommended as a good sex position for pregnancy as well as for people with low back pain.
Remember there’s no magic position that will be right for everyone, a great sex position is one that you find comfortable and let’s you do what you want.
Basic Leapfrog Sex Position:
- If the receiving partner positions themselves at the edge of the bed, the penetrating partner can stand on the floor instead of kneeling on the bed.
- You can also do this position in a big soft chair, where the receiving partner kneels on the seat and has their upper torso over the back of the chair.
- The receiving partner can use their forearms to prop themselves up into a regular doggy style position.
- For more support the receiving partner can have a large pillow under their chest, which they can hug or grab onto.
- The leapfrog doesn't put any pressure on the belly, making it a comfortable choice for some women who are pregnant.
- This position can also be good for people with lower back pain.
- This position can lend itself well to power play (some people find the receiving position to be vulnerable and the penetrating position to be forceful in leapfrog).
- For the partner being penetrated, this is a position that doesn’t require much work.
- If the receiving partner has a bad neck this isn’t likely to be very comfortable.
- This isn’t a face-to-face sex position, so some people feel it’s less intimate.
- Almost all of the energy comes from one partner, so if you’re looking for something more equitable, Leapfrog probably isn’t it.