At $14 the Gossip Ring is a perfect gift for someone you want to buy a vibrator for but aren't sure about how the gift will be received (or if it will be used). It's a vast improvement over traditional "novelty" vibrators that come in fake candy wrappers, and arguably more functional than your standard vibrating rubber duckie. If only the manufacturer had paid a little more attention to detail and put a little more money into the design, and given us a ring where the vibrator is not visible and obviously a vibrator, I think the Gossip Ring would be even a bigger hit. As it is, the ring looks cute and interesting from afar and up close it provides a pleasant if mild buzz.
The Gossip Ring Inside and Out
Made of phthalate free
, soft and starchy thermoplastic rubber, the Gossip Ring is a single piece of rubber with one hole for your finger and one to hold the vibrator. The hole for your finger stretches easily from 3/4" to 4". It's a bright red and from a distance it looks like it could be hard plastic. The ring comes with a small, single speed, bullet vibrator (batteries included).
Pros and Cons
- Its price and look are the main benefits. At $14 this is an easy gift to give, and it's actually pretty cute when worn.
- A good choice for someone who may be interested in a vibrator but too embarrassed to receive anything that looks sexual or comes with explicit instructions or packaging.
- From far away one can't tell that there is a vibrator sticking out of the ring, so it is an effective discreet design.
- It is very quiet.
- The vibrator is just a little longer than the rose design, which means that close up one can easily see that it is a ring with a vibrator stuck in it. It's a shame that they didn't take a little more care with the design and deliver a completely discreet toy.
- The vibration is mild, and won't be enough for many people.
Tips on Using the Gossip Ring
Even though it's a softer buzz than many other vibrating rings
it is wearable, not only on the hand but around the base of the penis or the base of a sex toy. It would be a snug fit for larger sized toys or penises, but it will easily accommodate anything 3-4" in diameter and is stretchy enough to take on and off easily. If you are using the ring in your hand, most people will find it more comfortable and versatile if they spin the ring around, so that the rose design is in the palm of the hand, the opposite of how one would usually wear a ring with the design face out.
Care and Cleaning
The ring is easy to clean as the vibrator can be removed and the whole ring can be immersed in water. The vibrator is described as waterproof but given its size and mediocre quality, I would recommend using a washcloth with mild soap and water to wipe the toy down instead of immersing it.
Always take the batteries out of the toy when you aren't using it to extend battery life and reduce the chances of the toy turning on accidentally or of battery corrosion.
The material cannot be boiled and so it isn't recommended that you share the ring or use it with multiple partners i the ring is coming into contact with bodily fluids (there is no easy way to use a condom on this toy which would be another way of reducing risk).
The vibrator can be used separately but is not safe for anal use.
If you are using the ring around a penis it should not be left on for more than 30 minutes.
Disclosure: Review samples were provided by Babeland.com. For more information, please see our Ethics Policy