As the name suggests, a mini vibrator is simply a small vibrator usually meant for clitoral stimulation. They are not recommended for vaginal penetration and in almost all cases are unsafe for anal penetration. Because they are small, they offer a very focused and easy to pinpoint vibration, making them ideal for clitoral stimulation. Larger vibrators can be easier to hold but unless they have a pointed tip they don’t provide as fine control over where you can apply the vibration. Also a larger vibrator has more area to diffuse the vibration and can, paradoxically, feel less intense.
Most mini vibrators are made of hard plastic, sometimes with a soft outer coating. The best known mini vibrator is the Pocket Rocket (shown here in clear blue). It is a Japanese vibrator that is single speed but very strong. A sub-type of mini vibrators are the micro vibrators which have a different kind of vibratory feel. They are much “buzzier” and feel as if they vibrate at a much faster rate. Whether you prefer this kind is purely a matter of personal preference.
Mini Vibrator Pros:
- Great for clitoral stimulation or any kind of external stimulation of a small area
- Inexpensive, good for first time buyers
- Easy to integrate into partner sex play, to use on a partner or by yourself
Mini Vibrator Cons:
- Can be annoying or difficult to hold on to, may make your hand a bit numb
- Many offer only one speed
- Except for the “micro” vibrators, many models are surprisingly loud for their size