From the article: Before you Before You Buy Your First Sex Toy
Finding the right sex toy can require some trial and error, and often our first sex toy experience isn't our best. But sometimes it is. Do you remember your first sex toy? What was it like making that first purchase, which toy did you buy, and how did it go? Buying your first sex toy can feel daunting, and scary. Whether you want to give a shout out to your favorite, or a buyer beware about one that did you wrong, share your stories about your first sex toy. Share Your Stories
The Jack Rabbit
- I was young about 18 but I was excited about getting one (finally) and feeling the feeling of vibrations. I couldn't wait but I had to muster up the courage to walk in the sex shop and have the associates look at me like a freak. I did it and it wasn't bad at all and my first California Exotic Novelties Jack Rabbit Pink was well worth it.
- —Guest @mparamouronline
Can't beat a dildo
- After finally determining that I wanted to participate in anal sexual activity, I figured it appropriate to purchase myself a dildo. It was a plain old thing, and by that I mean it didn't wiggle or shake or provide any real movement. However, sitting on it not only was most gratifying and pleasurable; but it also allowed me to become comfortable when the real thing was inserted in my backside for the purpose of true, unbelievable and lovable anal sex.
- We had been curious about sex toys....but maybe a bit intimidated and so used the "excuse" of a sore back to buy a Wahl massager. Worked fine on the back but was absolutely amazing in the bedroom. My wife went from hesitant "ok, let's try it" to orgasm in about 20 seconds. So fast and so intense, it scared her. But not enough to stop, of course. That was 30 some years ago...haven't looked back since. The Wahl, btw, is still working and still amazing (but it has lots of cousins in a locked case!)
- My first and alas only ever sex toy was a 10 inch variable speed monster that my ex wife used to love me using on her.
- —Guest Romulus
Little pink dildo
- I'd been curious about anal for a year or so, and had debated going out and picking up a dildo, but always chickened out once the lust-haze faded. Finally, one day, when I was 21, after staying late at university (thus, I didn't have my little sister with me), I plucked up the courage and ran inside this one shop. It was the day after Valentine's Day, and I tried to act like it was a late gift for my girlfriend. After wandering fairly awkwardly around the store for five or ten minutes, trying to decide between a dildo or a vibrator, I settled on the silicone crystal cote. It wasn't that thick, only 4.5" long, and silicone, so I felt like I was playing it safe. Bonus points for being hot pink. Grabbed some lube, and definitely satisfied some urges the next day. Only wish it was longer :(
- —Guest Guest
- I'm male, and have had fine sex life for 60 years. My 1st vibe find was a standard WALH electric /with soft ,flat, flexible rubber head sold in major department stores.A 2speed of this type is all a guy needs, and is still under $20.00.
- —Guest know It.
- I am a male and use a dildo on a regular basis. I am married and my wife of 35 years has no problem with me sitting on my dildo. I started to use the dildo just for the fun of it and use a small anal plug first and gradually went larger till I have this dildo inside of me which is almost 3'' wide and 9'' long. I guess I had a fetish from when I was a boy just the idea of feeling something going inside of me felt normal. I have never tried anal sex with an other guy but i had the chance one time and I backed out, but would give it a try again if the opportunity arise.
- When I got my 1st paycheck & 1st personal bank account at 18, the 1st purchase I made was a sex toy from Amazon. I decided on a Don Wands 7-inch rainbow nubby glass dildo since it wouldn't ever require batteries or charging. It was the best $20 I spent that year! I fell in love and it has rocked my world & it still does to this day & probably will for years to come. I've since bought a rechargeable pink vibrator from Amazon as well? I have killed the battery & it doesn't hold a charge, but boy, it was so much fun while it lasted. I used that thing for hours daily for a couple months. I totally killed it... I'm probably going to buy another one.
- —Guest Kelly
Nipplebands are fun
- I had wanted to share a story about how we spiced things up. My husband knew I liked my nipples played with, and he went online and found me Nipplebands, and he blindfolded me and put them on, and slowly touched my nipples. He teased me til I told him that I couldnt take it anymore. Very romantic, and hot. Of course he then pulled out some other toys, to make it an awesome experience. I love that he isnt intimated by toys, and knows how to use them.
- —Guest NiceNatasha
It was my sister's
- I was 13 or so and snoping at in my sisters house, in her room. I was going through her dressers and such, and then I came across her sex toys; she had 3 at the time. I thought "hey girls and gay guys like them so there has to be something to this" and the one I picked to use. It was a loud!! pink hard plastic vibe. It felt so good. Fast forward to the present: I am 23 and have 10 of my own sex toys.
- —Guest itsme
Plastic Classic Vibrator
- My first sex toy was one the "Classic" vibrators sort of phallic shaped without any ribbing, and a soft tip. Unfortunately, I broke it from using it too many times! Lol.
- —Guest NikMopper1
- I was in my parents room and looking for a book. I looked in thus cabinet and behind the books there was 2 plastic bags I pulled them out and there were probably 5 bullets and one male sex toy and lots of lube. So I said what the hell and put some lube on and used the male sex toy! It was the best orgasm ever! Can't wait to do it again!
- —Guest Bob
Being young and having fun
- I got my first sex toy when I was 16 from an adult store in my town. It was clear with pink beads around the maie hole where the fun took place. That night when everyone was sleeping in my house a gave it a try and it was a blast. I used it every day for at least a week and every time it got better. Today I'm on my fourth one, a Doc Johnson.
- —Guest Tim
Glass vs lelo
- My first toy was a simple double ended glass dildo but it was a bit small and only worked for about a month then I went and got a 250$ lelo vibrator and I definetally got my money's worth. Lelo is the best most quiet brand ever. I bought my first one at 15 and the next at 16. I look old for my age so I had no problems getting them.
- —Guest Miss hunnie
Hitachi Magic Wand
- About 6 or 7 years ago,,...I happened to use a friend of mines vibrator looking thing plugged in the wall with a big white bulb head. I had time to try it out and it ended up being a Hitachi Magic Wand. I thought hmmmm this look interesting. So i tried it against my penis head and it felt incredible..I ended up having a fantastic shuddering orgasm. I ended up incorporating it in our sex play and now I have my own next to my computer that I use almost everyday. I'd highly recommend everyone guy and girl buy and keep a Hitachi Magic Wand. This will bring pleasure unheard of !!!
- —Guest Danrun
1-15 of 28Next