Whether it means having sex, feeling sexy, or being sexual, social pressure and media hype often tells us that sex is all we think about, or all we're supposed to think about. But research indicates that sex may not be as important to others quality of life as we think it is. So how do you feel? How important is sex in your life?
Better than ever
- By most definitions we're old...real old. We're also very passionate, 'over-sexed' and fulfilled. So, how important is sex to us? Fundamental! Here's hoping it is 4U2. Hugs, PA M
Oh happy day!
- I am 62 and loving a great, hot, sexy man my age. I've never been more comfortable, relaxed, and. . .well, sexy than I am right now. Retirement from my career, enough to live on, and apparent recovery from a chronic illness all happened at the right time to meet the right, precious, brilliant, and sexy man. Lucky me!
- —Guest Kathleen
- right now sex holds a somewhat important place.im bisexual and figuring out now in practice which gender sexually attracts me more..so to continue this discovery it is somewhat important
- —Guest jay
Yes its important but not everything
- as a christian young woman, i must remember that i'm human first and i'm not invincible 2 such temptations, God created us sexual beings and intended for us 2 share it with that person we will devote our lives 2, emotionally, spiritually and physically. it is important, but 4 me intimacy is much more, communicating with the person, knowing his dreams and goals and how u can help him reach his optimal potential
- —Guest sweet_destiny_2
Yes, but there's so much more
- Sex is definitely important. But it is only one aspect of the greater whole, which is the intimacy and unrestricted connection that you have with your partner. Incredible sexual experiences may not even involve sex – or orgasm. The best sexual experiences that I have had are from any combination of the following: Feeling of deep connection, absence of restriction or judgment, exploring new boundaries, pleasuring my partner.
- —Guest Cuplinx
An Integral Part
- Married fro nearly three decades, I am in deep love with my mate. Hence, sex has become an integral part. Not that we ask each other for it, it is an auto kindle.We are aroused simultaneously, mostly, hence we have it with passion. This has increased our intimacy.
- —Guest Sarum
Sex? What is sex?
- What do you define as 'sex'? When I had a boyfriend I made him have orgasms by merely stroking his hand. Was it 'sex'? For him, you may say. But was it 'sex' for me? I still wonder.
Tactile communication is indeed important for me, but I am not sure whether what I need is 'sex'.
- —Guest Russian Female
I want to be with her and her only.
- have found a great girl who is honest, trustworthy, caring, and has a great head on her shoulders. She is exactly the type you can settle down with. I love everything about her except the sex.
She is very attractive but I am not into her sexually. I am a very sexual person. My last relationship was based soley on sex. I didn't like anything about my ex except we had the best sex. I don't think that was a good idea. However, sex is important to me. If I'm not being satisfyied than I am afraid my mind will wonder.
So basically how important is the sex?
I want to be with her and her only, but I also want good sex.
- —Guest Sadugu
How important is sex?
- Divorced 30 yrs ago, age 73. I wasn't good with partnered sex, but to this day I still look forward to it.
Had it,loved it,lost it
- I had at one time what I thought to be good sex (not great) with a loving spouse (I thought) and now I lost it. My former spouse understood none of this. It is important in all relationships and outside of that not important at all.
- —Guest Mr LB
- Personally as a Mom of 2 small children; 4 yrs & 6 mo, it can be very important to me to know that my husband still finds me to be desirable.
I will also say that flirtation and foreplay can be just as if not more important than the sex itself, as the buildup and anticipation goes a long way to making sex 'Great'.
- —Guest Mom of little ones
- It is the erotic allure of a sexual object that creates the excitement. The erotic nature of the sexual experience is all. Sex without excitement is no sex. The importance is within the view, the mind, the mystery and the imagination.
- I am a 69 year old male and my wife and I of 43 years have and LOVE sex EVERY DAY..... It's now BETTER than EVER... Why ??? Because we know how to please each other and not just do it and get it over with.
- —Guest Dick
- Sex is very important in life. Thanks to everyone for being aware of the lies we hear everyday and pointing them out!
Needed, but Not Important
- Well I am a gay male and I think that sex is very amazing, and enjoyable. I want to say that its a very needed thing in my life but I don't wanna say it's important. But if I'd rate it on a scale of 1-100 of importance , 1 being less important and 100 be most important, I'd give it like between 70 and 80.
- —Guest Chris