The Bottom Line
- All ingredients are organically sourced.
- Unique consistency is thick, yet silky and smooth.
- Water based formulation is safe with latex barriers and all sex toys.
- Thicker consistency is easier for use with sex toys and for anal play.
- Ingredients are vegan and paraben-free.
- Made in smaller batches means the cost is higher than other, mass manufactured lubricants.
- Like most water based lubricants, not as long lasting as silicone.
- Available in pillow packs, 4 oz, and 8 oz bottles.
- Flip top and squeeze to dispense.
- Also available in flavored lubricant version.
Guide Review - Hathor Aphrodisia Lubricant
Hathor Aphrodisia lubricant stands out in a few important ways. It has a unique consistency that is smooth and slick, but not runny. You really feel it’s presence when you’re using it, but in a way that heightens sensation instead of distracting from it. Its consistency makes it easy to manipulate and use, and also ideal for anal play or using lubricant on sex toys.
And while it may be thicker, for a water-based lubricant Hathor is surprisingly non-tacky, which means it dries and cleans up easily.
It’s a bit more expensive than some lubricants, but you’re paying not only for organically sourced ingredients, but also an ethically run manufacturing process. Hathor Aphrodisia is a mother-daughter team in British Columbia, Canada, and they oversee every aspect of the packaging and manufacturing. So if you’ve got the money and like the idea of eliminating the twelve middle men who result in factory workers making minimum wage, and CEOs making big bucks, you may want to spend a little more for Hathor.
Ingredients: de-ionized water, acacia gum, vegetable propylene glycol, jujuba zizyphus, siberian ginsing, horny goat weed, ascorbic acid